Saturday, August 25, 2007

Wes' Birthday Bash

Today, Wes and I had a bunch of friends over to celebrate, early, his 30th birthday. That's right. My husband, the sexiest man alive, will be turning 30 next week. Thursday to be exact. But next week is crazy busy, so we thought we'd celebrate the fun early. I spent all morning and afternoon making his food requests:

Key Lime Pie
Spinach Dip
Spicey Bites
Giant cooke/birthday cake

And Wes, being the awesome husband he is, spent the afternoon helping me clean the house for our guests. We had thirteen people in our house, half of which were kids under the age of ten. Dinosaurs were rampant, Doritos flying, kids screaming with excitement--not really sure if they thought the celebration was for them. I even got to play Hide-N-Seek with the other Wilson kids and, well, we don't really have too many places to hide outside, so we made forts with boxes. And now, as I sit on our couch with Jacob, a friend's son, watching "High School Musical 2" while Wes and his dudes play poker, I am just so excited to have someone to serve in this way. He has continually told me all day long how much he loves me and how much it means to him that I have thrown together this party. He was so excited to have everyone over to just hang with some great friends. And I am just so excited I married this amazing guy who loves me and makes me feel so very special, even on his most special day.

So happy early birthday, my love! This is just the beginning ;)

1 comment: