Thursday, August 16, 2007

What We Do, Not What We Are

Sorry we have not blogged in a while...password problems. Blech!

I (Amanda) thought it might be good to let you bloggers know what my husband and I do. These are our jobs, and they do not define us. Well, atleast mine doesn't. I'll explain.

Wes is a student minister. His heart is for people to learn who God is and how much He loves them, and then to use their gifts within a ministry to then help others see who God is and how much He loves them. And he loves his students. I mean...he really does. He aches for them when they're going through messiness in life, he takes joy with them when they're growing closer to Christ or when something cool happens. He wants them to grow in a deeper relationship with their Creator, and he works so hard. I am so proud of him.

I am a Project Manager. I work for a telecommunications company that handles voice and Internet. In a quick nutshell, I take the paperwork that our sales people fill out, comb them to ensure everything is in order before passing the project out to another Project Manager. In addition to that, I manage the workload of six other people, handle my own workload, handle spreadsheets for my manager, and complete special projects. It's been crazy busy for the past four months or so and we're all looking for a chance to breath.

So, that's what the Wilsons do. Who they are...well, we'll leave that for another post.

1 comment:

Billy Chia said...

Cool to have you back in the blog world.