Thursday, October 18, 2007

"The Office"--Why We Love It

1. It's freaking hilarious
2. Michael Scott, or Michael Scarn for those who follow the show, is so off-the-wall, so random, so incredibly bad as a boss, yet lovable in weird and unknown ways
3. The pranks that Jim and Pam play on Dwight are classic. These aren't just your run-of-the-mill office gags. They are downright the most creative I've seen--and I've worked in an office. Believe me, I've tried to think of office pranks.
4. The chemistry between the main characters, especially Jim and Dwight, make for amazing TV entertainment.
5. The writing. It's fantastic. Humor, empathy, randomness, and the always good "Did he really just say that?" look Wes and I give to each other.
6. The supporting cast--Oscar, Angela, our most beloved Kevin, Phyllis, Stanley, Andy, Tolby, & Kelly. Too good.
7. And finally, Wes and I get to enjoy it together, laughing, shaking our heads at Michael, wishing we had someone in our own workplace like Dwight who we could torment...all in good fun of course.

No comments: